Szia (Hello) from Budapest!

For folks I have not had the pleasure of meeting, my name is Brandon Cash (I'm the guy in the lower-left corner of the bus photo below)! During your average semester on campus, I serve as the Director of Student Activities but for the next month, I am thrilled to be serving as the Program Assistant for our Budapest January adventure!

We are wrapping up a whirlwind travel marathon of planes, trains, and buses and are feeling the jetlag, but I am happy to share that we are here! After smooth travels from airports all over the world (as well as confirming that Burger King in Europe is much better than in the United States) all 26 of us and our luggage (!!!) are together in Budapest and we are starting to settle into our home for the next month. To keep the energy and spirits high, we took an afternoon hike to capture just a glimpse of this beautiful city (we took a mostly full group photo at the top of Gellért Hill to prove it) and had a fabulous opening dinner at a local restaurant specializing in Hungarian favorites. We even got to celebrate Sarah's birthday as a group!


It truly has been quite a day so I am going to sign off and catch up on some sleep. More to come in the days ahead so stay tuned!

- Brandon

Comments

Popular Posts